About Grady Profile
The real purpose of assessment is to help kids learn. The Grady Profile
engages students in learning by showing their performances, encouraging their
reflection and providing them feedback. It gives teachers a framework for
managing alternative assessment.
Watch progress; enhance conferencing with students and parents; give students
a medium where they can both present and evaluate their own work. Learning
consists of constructing meaning, typically through doing and
reflecting. Growth is not possible
unless the student can make connections, internalize previous experience and
gain insight that
provides the possibility for extending understanding.
What is Grady Profile?
In short, Grady Profile is software with two purposes:
- It helps classroom teachers (preK - college) manage the assessment
models for performance assessment, authentic assessment, project-based,
assessment, collaborative and cooperative learning and portfolios.
- It is a learning tool for students and teachers (we believe
teachers are learners, too) because it asks them to think about their work,
assess it honestly, reflect on it and connect it to their previous and
future learning experiences.
Grady Profile offers these benefits:
- It saves teacher time and classroom space in managing portfolio materials.
- It organizes portfolios electronically with dates and titles so you can
find specific items easily.
- It lets you collect examples of student work in digital format:
- Sounds — music, foreign language,
speaking, ESL, LEP, interviews, role-playing…
- Oral Reading — a special type of
sound recording that combines the reading with the material being read
- Graphics — writing, drawing,
diagrams, graphs, digital photos…
- Video — presentations, 3D art,
performing arts, group work…
- Text — imported from a word
processor or manually entered
- External Files — work from any
computer program students use
- Web Pages — for student-generated
- It lets you compare samples of a student's work over time to assess progress.
- It provides a place for students to self-assess and reflect on their work.
- It allows you to record student progress against classroom, school, district,
or national benchmarks.
- It includes tools to help you customize the content and structure of your
students profiles to match your curriculum.
- It generates reports in several formats.
Looking Deeper into Grady Profile
There is a lot of information about Grady Profile on this web site:
- To view examples of Grady Profile portfolios,
- For a fuller discussion of the features and capabilities of
Grady Profile, look at The Features
- Grady Profile is actually a suite of four application programs.
To learn more about them, see The
- For help with specific procedures and tasks within Grady Profile,
| System Requirements
Mac OS X
| Peripheral Equipment
Microphones (may be built-in)